Chat app guy was boring, not as handsome as he proclaimed and probably wont make a reappearance here, but the musical was surprisingly good! We watched 살짜기 옵서예. Since is a Korean folk tale I’m not familiar with I needed some explanations. Unfortunately, chat app dude and I weren’t really on the same page and he was about 5 mins behind me.
He was a harmless and nice person but we did not have the same communication style (turns out he’s better at writing than speaking) and trying to seem interested was… Well, trying. I backed out of dinner by faking an emergency and will thus be avoiding him. He on the other-hand, is confused as to why he can’t be my boyfriend just because I was polite to him for an evening.
But, musicals yeah!
Thanks? I guess you’re welcome for the flash drive.
Months ago, I put a Chinese movie on MY flash drive for my Korean dude friend and gave it to him, because he is studying Chinese and it’s a sweet movie. He promised to enjoy the movie and return my flash drive with a surprise for me. Cute, right?
Well, we both got busy, shit happend, and he hasn’t returned it. Last month, I asked him to have dinner with me and return the flash drive to me because I’d like to use it to get all of the photos that my school has taken of me and the students throughout the past year - and to say goodbye before I move to Seoul. He agrees to meet me. Then he backs out because of the holidays.
So tonight, I reminded him again and said we should hang out. He tell me he’s super stressed and swamped with job interviews because he is leaving the military soon, and that ~I~ should just buy a new flash drive. He’s even kind enough to have taken a screenshot of a Gmarket search to show me that 8gb drives are only 5,000w. Ummmmm, thanks?
He lives 20 mins away from me and has a car. We have mutual friends in the military that he could pass it too. HE could buy it and ship it to me (since he’s already searching for one)! What the actual fuck?
Korea has elected Park Geun Hye as their President.
This is not great.
Korean Christmas Albums
I’d love to play some during my Christmas weekend with Mokpo. Does anyone know of any festive Korean Christmas album that I can get for the holidays?
Shit my students say #712: Pepero-less Student
- One of my 4th graders is socially outcasted (wang ta). She not at all a well-behaved student and some of her behavior has invited teasing but most of her behavior is a result of all the teasing. She's often called 'gorilla' and '바보 (stupid.)' Student-wise, she can be a real pain, but I admire her tenacity. She isn't going anywhere in her English speaking career, but she always dotes on me in a love-hate way. She'll stick her tongue out at me but then hug me and talk to me in Korean outside of class. Today this happened......
- Student: Give me Pepero!
- Me: No, this is MY Pepero! Students gave it to me!
- Student: Teacha! Pleaseeeeee.
- Me: Where is your Pepero? Didn't you get any at school today?
- Student: 나는 인기가 아니야 (I'm not popular)!
- Me: ㅠㅠ :gives box of Pepero:
Yoo Ja Cha
Is it perhaps, unwise, to empty a jar of Yoo Ja Cha 유자차 in two weeks time?